Application deadlines

  • 1st round: March/April
  • 2nd round: upcoming: October/November

How to apply?

Step 1: Application for travel allowance

Please fill out the travel grant form (Antrag auf Reisekostenzuschuss) and sent it to your institute's administration offices (Institutsreferate) and consider the submission deadlines (1 to 2 distribution rounds per year), which will be communicated by email:

Download the English form of Travel grant 

Download the German version of Antrag auf Reisekostenzuschuss


Please note:

●  Let the travel grant form get checked and signed by the institute's directors, project managers, or doctoral supervisors

●  The supported amount of the travel grant from the department / from the project funds should be as high as possible! Please note that if the amount applied for is below 80 Euros, no allowance from institutes is necessary.

●  Please hand in the completed form to the responsible department secretary.

The travel grant will then be reviewed by the ECR representatives and approved by the faculty dean. Only trips approved by the directors of the institute / project managers / dissertation supervisors can be supported by ECR working group.


Step 2: Travel reimbursement via HR4U

After your travel allowances have been sighted by the ECR representatives and confirmed by the dean, please use the form for reimbursement (“Kostenersätze - Reisekosten”) on your HR4U account and start a new submission. If costs are separated between ECR budget and your institute/project, you need to split your invoices according to the amount granted and submit this form twice, once for the ECR budget and once for your institute/project.

You can find a detailed description here


Please note:

●  The travel reimbursement must be submitted until 6 months after the conference, by the latest

●  For further information, please consult the FAQ in the intranet and institutional secretary responsible for travel reimbursement.

IMPORTANT: Remember to send the application for leave of absence (PA/F7) to your institute's administration offices at least three weeks before your departure, so that the insurance covers your trip. You have to fill in and sign page 1. 

Please note: A trip to a conference is usually NOT a "Dienstreise", so do not apply via HR4U for this step. When you need to apply for a "Dienstreise" and when for a Leave of Absence is explained in detail in the FAQ in the intranet.